General Classroom Policy
- Classes are open for viewing by appointment only and observers must be still and quiet.
- Use of cell phones by observers and students is not permitted.
- Parents and guardians observing class will be asked to leave if their cell phone rings or if they are talking during class.
- Water is allowed in class.
- No other food or drink, please.
- No photography or videotaping allowed unless previously coordinated with the instructor (too distracting).
- You must label all your dance equipment with your name.
- This includes uniforms, shoes, dance bags, costumes, etc.
- Garden Island Dance Academy is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles
- Garden Island Dance Academy is not responsible for accidental injury that may occur within the Dance Studio.
- Students are required to arrive for class on time.
We recommend that students arrive ten minutes early.
- On time means that students are dressed and inside the
- Dance Studio ready to start the class at the beginning of class time.
- Students must be picked up immediately after class.
- Substitute teachers will be hired to teach class as necessary.
- Refrain from talking in class.
- Use the Bathroom before class begins.
- No gum, candy, or food allowed in the Studio.
General Dress Code
- All long hair must be tied back.
- Girl’s hair must be in a neat, secured bun, or French braid, for ballet.
- Girl’s hair can be tied back into a pony-tail for Hip Hop, Modern Dance and Flamenco.
- No jewelry (i.e. Necklaces, Long earrings, Watches (Most rings and Stud Earrings are Okay)
- Dance shoes must be worn during all classes.
- The student may be asked to sit out of class, should they fail to meet dress code requirements.
- Girl’s Primary Ballet & Ballet 1 Attire: Pink Ballet Dress or Leotard, Matching Circular Skirt, Pink Tights, Pink Ballet Shoes.
- Girl’s Ballet 2,3,4,5,6 Advanced Attire: Black Leotard, Black Skirt (Required for Recitals), Pink Tights, Pink Ballet Shoes.
- Adult Ballet Attire Any Colored Dance Attire, Ballet Shoes.
- Boys Ballet Attire Black Athletic Shorts, White T-Shirt, Black or White Leather Ballet Shoes.
- Girls’/Women’s Hip-Hop/Modern Dance Attire Black Jazz Pants, Leotard or Fitted Camisole, Hip Hop/Jazz Shoes or Sneakers.
- Boys’/Men’s Hip-Hop/Modern Dance Attire Athletic Pants or Jazz Pants, Any Colored T-Shirt, Hip Hop/Jazz Shoes or Sneakers.
- Women’s Flamenco Attire Black Flamenco Skirt, Black Leotard or Fitted Top, Black Character Shoes.
- Men’s Flamenco Attire Black Pants, White Shirt, Black Character Shoes.
Recommended Dance Store
KDC discount code TP25112
Attendance & Missed Classes
Enrollment Form Agreement & Waiver section
Payment of Tuition
This is a full time dance program with tuition payments due at the time of registration.
There are 37 weeks of dance classes over the course of 10 months.
The tuition is the same every month regardless of holidays or missed classes.
There are 3 ways to pay tuition for the annual program:
- One check or credit card payment for 37 weeks of dance classes submitted at the time of registration (10% discount)
- Ten postdated checks for 37 weeks ( 10 months August 2023 through May 2024) of dance classes dated the first of each month submitted at the time of registration (ie. , Aug. 1, Sept 1, Oct. 1, etc.).
- Credit Card Authorization of automatic monthly billing.
- For late payments an $8 late fee will automatically be added.
- Students wishing to take part in the program and end of year shows must complete the tuition payments for the entire
semester regardless of students absence due to planned family vacations, missed classes, or other absences.
- Checks should be made payable to Garden Island Dance Academy or GIDAAll checks or credit card authorization form must be received upon registration to confirm class time.
- No class times will be confirmed without receipt of either of these forms of payment completed.
- Absentee students must continue to pay the regular tuition to ensure that their place is held within the chosen class.
- All tuition is non-transferable and there are no extensions. All NSF checks will be charged a $25 NSF fee.
Class Credit Policy
Changes or cancellations on the part of Garden Island Dance Academy will be rescheduled at a later time.
If the class is not rescheduled, a refund or class voucher will be issued to the student.
Classroom Policies and Procedures
We have a few more rules about class policy and protocol.
Please take your time to read the information below thoroughly,
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us email@example.com
We look forward to working with you
Care of Students
- Garden Island Dance Academy is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students.
- Parents with students under the age of 5 must remain nearby during classes.
- Students are to be picked up immediately after class and dropped off up to 10 minutes before class.
- You will be fined $20 for every 5 minutes you are late to pick up your child after class.
- Garden Island Dance Academy cannot be responsible for supervising children outside of class or before or after class time.
- Being respectful of this very important rule will ensure your child’s safety.
Withdrawals and Refunds
- One-month’s notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue any classes.
- Tuition is refundable with written notice that you or your child will be discontinuing classes.
- Notice must be postmarked within the first 7 days of the months prior to withdrawal.
Email OK. Withdrawals will not be accepted over the phone or in person by the teacher or administration.
- All unprocessed checks dated after the one-month’s notice period will be returned.
- Garden Island Dance Academy reserves the right to terminate lessons to any students or cancel classes
in the case of an emergency without notice. In such cases a refund for unused lessons will be given.
- Minimum class size is 5 students.